Monday, September 15, 2008

A Crazy September!

Yesterday I flew with Carter down to Arizona.  Eric's grandma Skousen died, and we came down for the funeral.  Eric was already in Utah to go through the temple with Hillary.  After he went to the BYU vs UCLA football game, he drove to Arizona with his family.  The funeral was today, and it was a very nice service.  Eric's sisters read a poem that Lindsey had written about grandma and we all sang a group number.  We are staying with Eric's cousins Ryan and Nichole in Gilbert.  Since everyone came to Spokane in July and then I saw the girls in Las Vegas, we have been together with Eric's family a lot.  We will see them at Hillary's wedding this weekend, too.  I'm going to go through withdrawals not seeing all the family every few weeks. 

Carter is still free to fly for another few weeks, so he came with me.  I thought it would be a lot easier for my mom to take care of the kids without him.  He must of got motion sick or something, because while I was getting our bags he threw up in the stroller.  Then when he got in the car, he threw up again.  He was totally fine after that and running around crazy.  
Tonight we went to Eric's uncles house for a birthday party for Aunt Tammy.


On Friday, Carter and Olivia went to my mom's house while the boys were at school.  I went out to my friend Marie's lake house for a little girl party with neighborhood ladies.  It was gorgeous weather and so much fun.
Olivia got my camera out when we were at Jackson's game and insisted that I take a picture of her.
We were at a swimming birthday party for Olivia's friend.  We gave Carter a chocolate sucker to keep him from jumping in the water.
Saturday was Olivia's first soccer game.  It was the cutest funniest thing ever.  She kept on trying to convince the other team to give her the ball.  She would point to herself over and over.  One of her friends was on the other team.  Every time he had the ball she would call out his name to give her the ball.
I tried to get her to drink her water when she took a break.  She wanted chocolate milk instead.  I'm pretty sure it is not much of a thirst quencher in hot weather.
Last Monday night we went to the fair with our friends the Kristi and Mike.  If you give Carter what he wants he stays pretty quiet.  He threw a huge fit when I wouldn't give him his own funnel cake.




A week ago Friday night we went to the lake.  We went up the river and came back as it was getting dark.  Jackson's friend Holland was with us.  The sunset was beautiful.

Johnny was with us too.  It was cold once the sun went down, so Olivia snuggled under the blanket.
The first day of school the boys headed to the bus stop.  I made them stop so I could take a picture of them.
We had some drainage problems in the back yard.  Eric was trying to fix it and got sprayed with a fountain of mud.  He wasn't allowed in the house after that.


9 comments:

The Pyper Fam said...

You are always so busy! Your back yard looks great! I haven't seen it all done. We love your kids! They are hilarous!

Melanie said...

those are some great pictures, i love the one on the boat with the sunset. olivia keeps cracking me up and i can't believe how big hayden is getting. for some reason i keep freezing him in my mind as carter's age. but him and hannah are a week apart! miss ya girl!

Tolman Family said...

I was glad to see you even if it was for a brief moment. Maybe next time dinner and a movie. Thanks again for those yummy chocolates in your car...so delish:) Eric should have just been wearing a Utes shirt!

Meghann said...

You are the most active, busy-body, always-doing-fun-things person I know!

I haven't seen you in a while. We need to get together soon. Maybe lunch at my house? I'll be in touch. :)

danielle bailey said...

Don't you love back to school time? The boys are almost the same size! That's how Braden and Brynn are too. You just wouldn't know it because I only post comments, I don't update my blog. I'm happy for Hillary. You like you got pretty crazy in vegas. I know, we are getting old. I can't dance with my sisters, they think I'm lame.

Amy C said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful family! Um, do you ever do anything boring?? Move back here and teach us how to live!!

Jarom's Running Page said...

Enloe, dude, where have you been man? It's like you fell off the earth after our mission...hahaha. We never did get to make that Lake Powell trip, maybe someday, right? Keep in touch....I'll send you an email via the Curitiba Mission website, ok. Take care buddy,
Jarom Thurston

Danna said...

Is your life ever not crazy? Just wondering, because I have known you for several years now, and I think it is always crazy. Love all the cute pictures!

Melanie said...

kay girl, going to totally call you out for blog slacking! it's a real term...miss you, how are you?