Thursday, September 4, 2008

What Happens in Vegas........

Because these two great people fell in love......... I got to spend a fabulous girls weekend in Las Vegas. This is my sister-in-law Hillary and her fiance Jeff. They are getting married in a few weeks, so we had an amazing bachelorette party for Hillary. We are so happy for her! Jeff is a great guy-- he even let us all stay at his house while he slept on the couch downstairs.
I flew in Friday afternoon, and the rest of the sister-in-laws didn't get in until late that night. I went with Hillary and some of her friends to Mamma Mia sing-a-long. The movie is a little cheesy and I had already seen it, but we sang our hearts out. We had so much fun!
After we got home from the sing a long, my sister-in-laws got to Vegas. We stayed up until 3am talking and doing who knows what.

We woke up Saturday morning and headed to the JW Marriot Spa. We hung out by the pool and relaxed in the steam room before we all went in for our massages. This is me with Eric's sister Lindsey and his cousin's wife Nichole. She is pretty much like a sister-in-law, too.

After we spent the morning and early afternoon at the spa, we headed to a bridal shower for Hillary. Here she is opening up the box full of surprises that make her blush!
After the shower we had the greatest time shopping-- I bought lots of stuff I didn't really need. I had to take advantage of the stores I can't get in Spokane. Then we headed to a yummy Thai place for dinner.

Then it was home to change and get ready for dancing. I'm pretty sure I haven't gone dancing since college. That means it has been over 10 years! I am getting so old!!!! I can't remember the last time I went out at 11:30 at night. Even us old moms were pulling out some pretty sweet moves. I'm pretty sure we looked ridiculous, but it was the best time ever! Hillary wasn't even too embarrassed to be seen with us. Can I just tell you how much I love my sister-in-laws. We have the best time together-- especially when we don't have any kids to worry about. We have to plan these trips often. From the left is Aria, Brenda, Hillary, Nichole, Lindsey, Me and Hillary's friend Danielle.
Here we are showing our awesome moves!


We got home after 1am and then stayed up really late again. We had to drag ourselves out of bed the next morning to get some breakfast and then say goodbye. Hillary and Jeff took me to the airport, and the other girls started their drive back to Utah. By that afternoon I think we all wished we were back in Vegas, because you know, what happens in Vegas...........


6 comments:

Cindy said...

how fun!! I have always thought it would be so fun to have a girls weekend in Vegas. You guys lived it up!!

Melanie said...

you wild and crazy thing! glad you had so much fun with the girls!

Madi said...

So glad you girls had a great time. I keep laughing at the thought of me dancing in a club. I would probably wet my pants....laughing so hard. It has seriously been over 10 years since I have broken out my Fantastic moves...and let me just tell you...they were hot! By the way, if you happen to come across some really cute bags, will you let me know? I'm in need of one, or 3!

Thanks for e-mailing Brenda the tiles. I need some ideas for our Super Day....HELP!

Amy C said...

Shake your groove thing mama! It looks like you had such a fab time - so happy for you!

Holly said...

How fun! Is Hillary the one that beat everyone at The Biggest Loser?

Danna said...

You guys are party animals! I didn't know old married girls could be so crazy sober. :) Sounds like a blast. The Shock post was good too - considering the circumstances. :)