Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Betty's Wedding

My pretty much sister Betty got married last Friday!!! It was so exciting and yet so sad, too. We are going to miss her way too much now that she moved to Las Vegas. Thursday morning I was on the way to take Olivia to school and Betty called. She told me that all the girls were headed to get mani/pedis. Olivia was a little hesitant to skip preschool, but I talked her into it and we went to hang out with the girls. Today Olivia's friend Katie asked her if she was sick last Thursday since she missed school. Olivia replied, "I skipped school by asscident, because I forgot that I don't like to miss school." She may not like to miss school, but she had a great day. She even went down to RiverFront Park for the day with Aunt Paula and everyone. I went home, because Jackson and Hayden were home sick from school.

Olivia had no trouble posing for the camera as the cutest flower girl ever! She had it down, since she had just done it a few weeks before for Hillary.
Here is all the Wagstaff neices (except Hadley-- she didn't come from Arkansas)

Betty's reception was so fun! She and Jeff only had a line for about 45 minutes, and then the fun really began. We danced until we were sweaty for an hour and a half. All the Abba songs were the best. We sang our hearts out, and I got a little sad when I realized that we wouldn't be able to do that anymore once she moved. We have so many wonderful memories together! Carter saw Jackson doing the worm and wanted to try.

Carter got annoyed with me that I sat down and didn't dance the entire time. He moved on to our friend Sheila and clung to her the whole night, because she never sat down. Anytime she wasn't dancing enough, he had to get down and dance by himself for a while.


A very tired girl during the Daddy Daughter dance. It was so sad when she went to give Betty a good bye hug. Betty started crying, which made me cry. Betty is close with all my kids, but she has always had a special thing with Olivia. She calls her Lovey and Best Girl Ever. Betty has pretty much raised her. We have to work out the custody agreement for summer visits and stuff. Olivia was inconsolable in the car all the way home and until she cried herself to sleep. She was crying, "I don't know what I can do without my Betty!" and "but I will miss her so much!" It was so sad.
My nephew Jacob and Jackson were leading all the kids in their extraordinary dance moves.

I'd have to say, I'm pretty impressed with my hair doing skills for Olivia. I did her hair before the wedding at 1 and this picture was taken around 8. It still looks good. I used a whole lot of hairspray.

Go Hayden!


No comments: