Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Terrible 2 and Greenbluff



I know that I have some people that look down on me for my serious blog slacking, so I decided to try to get a little updated today. I know there is no good excuse, but my life has been seriously chaotic this past few months. I'm having a girl's breakfast at my house in the morning, and I really should have cleaned my filthy house. Instead I decided to finally blog. There is always something I feel like I should be doing more than blogging, so it gets pushed to the side. Hopefully soon I will get time to read everyone's blogs. Just get me through these next few weeks of Enrichment night, Super Saturday, 3 more kids birthdays, soccer games and Halloween! Hopefully my life will slow down a bit during November before Thanksgiving and Hayden's baptism. Probably not, but I can dream.








October 10th, Carter turned 2!!!!! I can't believe my baby is 2 already. It is so sad that he is growing up. It is not sad enough to go for a 5th kid, but it is very sad. Eric was on a scout campout on his birthday, so we celebrated on Sunday at my mom's house with the whole family. He was so excited for his "tate." He can't say the K sound. He replaces his ks with ts. I love the little monkey to death, but he is seriously going to put me over the edge. He is going to destroy the entire house. He swings on everything. The boys bathroom towel bar and the powder bath toilet paper holder are currently ripped out of the wall. As soon as I fix them I'm sure he will do it again. I'm pretty sure the pendant lights over the island will get ripped out of the ceiling soon. Anytime I do anything (unless he is asleep) he pushes a chair over next to me, so he can climb up. He is constantly getting in trouble. Let me tell you, the discipline is not what it used to be. I'm a little tired now, and he gets away with way more than the older boys ever did. Olivia is a whole other story.


The kids had school off on Carter's actual birthday. We went up to Greenbluff, which is one of my very favorite fall tradition. Unfortunately my camera battery ran out before I took any good pictures in the pumpkin patch or the corn maze. I also wish that a picture could let you taste the amazing hot pumpkin donuts. They are the best things in the world!






10 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

Wow I would say you have been busy. I love the outfit you bought for Olivia here. She looks so adorable. Good luck with the events of the next couple weeks. I am so glad my crazy month is done. :)

Melanie said...

carter is 2?? i think it IS time for child 5...

The Pyper Fam said...

Looks like fun, I wish I would have remembered and called you to go! :) (We've already been to Greenbluff like 4 times this fall, so don't feel too bad for us!) :) I do feel like I haven't seen or hung out with you guys in forever though! We're excited to see you on Friday! Bettys wedding looks like it was so much fun! I wish we could have stayed longer, I didn't even get to see anyone, we came to drop off our gift and see Betty and meet her new husband and that was about it! We had our friends from Seattle in town visiting. And Erics sisters wedding was absolutley beatuiful! Olivia was gorgeous! that girl cracks me up! :)

NicoleD said...

You are still alive! This summer and fall has been crazy, hasn't it! We were in Boise during Olivia's party, but we do have a present we need to get in the mail to her. Liz was soooo SAD she missed it. :(

danielle bailey said...

I think we have the same lives sometimes. Tonight is the first time I've blogged in like 6 weeks. Jon's out of town, and I put the kids to bed at 7:45. That never happens! Carley is 20 months, and Jensen is 3. Combine the two, and lets just say I know how you feel with Carter. Your kids look so cute in those wedding pictures. by the way, 5 kids is the same as 4, so why not?

Kris said...

Sharlene! I found your blog from Emily's blog that I found on facebook...what a world. Anyway, what an adorable family you have. We need to keep in touch...check us out at robbandkris.blogspot.com

Take care.

Holly said...

Hey Sharlene, Do you think you could take my last name off your blog? I don't want to go private, but I'm trying to avoid having my last name attached to our blog. I just did a google search to see if I could pull myself up and the first thing on the list was your blog! Very interesting. I'm going to have to check everyone else on my link list to see if they have my last name posted on their blog. Anyway, thanks for doing that.

Danna said...

Wow, that was a serious update! Did you do all those entries at the same time? I sympathize, things have been crazy, and blogging is hard to get to. Maybe now that our cold, dark, depressing winter is upon us, we will feel like blogging more. :) Have you heard from Betty? I should have taken a picture of you and Eric dancing so you could post it. :) Love the shots from Hillary's wedding! Looked like a nice time.

Raelene said...

Looks like fun! I must say I was glad to find your blog and hope you don't mind me keeping up with you and your family

The Enloe Family said...

K-the picture of the daddy daughter dance with eric holding olivia-it looks so much like Parker. It's weird!!! Anyway, cute pictures, I am sad for you for Betty leaving. I feel she is one of your sisters too and I will even miss her on our ventures out to your place. P.s. thanks for the chubby aria picture in the hillary's wedding section-J.K. I am excited I made the blog!!!
I still need to come out to the festival thing for fall. It sounds like so much fun!!! Good luck with everything-I miss you guys, can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!! Are you ready for us!!!