Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas

I'm so darn sick of snow, and it is only January 3rd! I'm not really sure why we just keep on getting dumped on. It will warm up and melt a bit and then we just get another foot that night. The stuff my kids left out in the yard the night before the first snow will not be found until spring. What is with this weather? We are supposed to get another storm tomorrow night. Please say the kid's school doesn't get cancelled on Monday!
We went to Utah for Christmas, and my kids would not go to bed very well there. Sunday after church I found Olivia and Carter passed out in the living room of Parker and Aria's house. I guess going to bed at midnight every night was catching up with them.

I started to really freak out when we were in Utah. We had been bragging that Carter was the best sleeper ever and how he loved to go to bed at night and take naps. At Parker and Aria's he decided to climb right out of the crib, open the door and come back downstairs. We could not keep him in bed. When we got home he did that again at first, but now thankfully he is back to normal. Yeah!!!!
Saturday night we got home from a movie and found Camden asleep sitting up.

My kids adore Eric's grandma. We call her GG Lois.




Olivia is obsessed with her cousin Leif. She claims he is cuter than her own brother Carter.

Lindsey, Aria, me and Hillary sledding on Christmas day at Aria's neighbor's house.


Jackson and Hayden


Jeff dared Eric to do a snow angel with shorts and a t-shirt, but he chickened out and only did it with snow clothes on.





Hayden was so excited to get his Eli Manning jersey from Santa!


Jackson is a Tony Romo man.


Santa came to visit on Christmas eve. A bunch of Eric's cousins on his dad's side of the family came over for the festivities.




Eric's mom had to make a trip to the emergency room right about the time we were going to start eating on Christmas Eve. She used a knife to open the wrapper on the salad dressing bottle.





Ofcourse Toby needed a Christmas outfit, too.


Olivia was probably the cutest little girl ever on the Sunday before Christmas. Two days later we headed to Utah. She was not very patient on the ride there. We told her we would go through Idaho then Montana then Idaho again and then Utah. She kept on saying are we in Hannah Montana yet? On the way home we hit really bad weather and had to stop and stay at a Hotel in Missoulla. It had a water park and we ended up having a really good time. Olivia kept on talking about when we were going to go back to the "show and tell." I guess she meant hotel.





Hayden with his friend Tanner building a snow fort before we left for Utah.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I can't believe you are getting so much snow! we went to the zoo yesterday with my family and it was 83 degrees!! a cold front coming in this weekend should knock it down to the 60's...want to live in Texas again?? Great pictures, your kids always crack me up. I loved the are we in Hannah Montana!...

Tolman Family said...

Hey Shar! Cute pictures of everyone. I agree with the snow issues your having at home. It gets old. We have not had it that bad...but still it would be nice to go get the mail without slipping on my butt!

I'm glad you all had a great Christmas here in Utah. Next time you're here....let's all get together!

.........Still ME! said...

Wow, I feel so left out!!!! Do you think we could photo shop me in the sister pic? Looks like such a fun week, I laughed so hard every time you would text me and tell me that you wanted to play games or something else funny! Love ya miss ya!!

Amy C said...

Fabulous pictures! Love Olivia's church clothes! After all that traveling, I hope you all are home for a while - for at least three weeks!

Emily Christensen said...

Oh Shar,
I have great news for you. School is already cancelled for tomorrow. What are we going to do with our whinny kids?

Gina said...

Will there be school on Wednesday? We were visiting family as well and my kids had a few nights of staying awake past midnight. Well, one was on New Years Eve so I guess that's ok. Glad you made the trip to Utah and back ok. You're new family picture is really cute.