Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snowed In!!!!!!!









When I woke up yesterday morning I noticed that it had started snowing. I didn't think much of it, but it never stopped. It is still snowing, and we are pretty much snowed in. I don't get this weather. What happened to Global Warming? School was cancelled today, and I assume it will be tomorrow also. I'm so glad Eric is home, because he braved the snow, shoveled the driveway, and fixed the furnace. We woke up this morning to a very cold house. We couldn't figure out what was wrong. He went to Walmart to get a new filter, picked up some chains for my car and almost didn't make it back. After the new filter didn't work he remembered we had an air intake outside that allows air to get into the furnace. He went outside and cleaned all the snow out of it, and then our heater worked. I would have never thought of that. Now it is kind of fun being snowed in. Eric picked up some movies on his adventure, and now we are set for a few days of family togetherness. I should clean up the house a little. I was so cold this morning that I drank hot chocolate in bed and watched tv while my husband worked hard and was our hero.




Last night Ben and Taraka came over for dinner and helped us make our ginger bread house. Olivia had been bugging me forever to do it, so I thought I would call in reinforcements. Ben is quite the house builder and Taraka is an awesome decorator. Carter, Olivia and Tucker are really good at eating everything off the house as we decorate. There was a coat of frosting and candy balls and gumdrops throughout the house. The kids had the greatest time, so it was all worth it. It turned out to be a very slobbery and not that gorgeous house, but it was made with love!




Carter is constantly pushing the barstools around the kitchen to get to whatever he wants to get up on. I tried to push this one back, and this is him scolding me.

























Last Thursday Olivia had her Christmas dance recital at the nursing home. She was so adorable and actually did her dance. It was quite an improvement over last spring when she got on stage and waved at me the whole dance. The whole recital consisted of 3 songs and lasted 9 minutes. Now that is my kind of recital!




After the recital we headed to the Christmas Family Fun Night at the kid's school. They had a really fun dance that all my kids got very into. They also had math games, Santa and a bookfair. Jackson won the game where you guess how much money is in the jar. He won like $27. It was the best day of his life.














This is Hayden with his teacher Mrs. Barnes. She is the greatest teacher ever! Jackson had her too, and we are very attached.

5 comments:

Jade said...

I'm so jealous of your being snowed in! I love it! So glad I found your blog. Such a cute family. Thanks for the adorable Christmas card. Have a Merry Christmas!

Nichole Lowe said...

I don't know if I would want to be snowed in but it would be nice to have an excuse to sit around and watch movies all day and do nothing. Hope you guys have fun.

Melanie said...

I wish we were snowed in as well, because then I'd have an excuse to procrastinate the rest of my christmas to do list. Cute fun pictures!! Is Jackson still counting his loot? That was funny. How is the contest going?

.........Still ME! said...

I empathize!! We have gotten anywhere from 6-12 inches everyday since last thursday! I was on my way back from picking up Rhys from preschool and sliding all over the road (I was in 4 low) Rhys and I were both crying. School closed? What's that? I thought I know what it was to have lots of snow, apparently not!

Olivia look so cute in her fairly costume! When we fix Jorie's hair now she always wants, "Pony's like Livi!"

Heather's Blog said...

I can't believe all of that snow! I should show you a picture of our snow day this week you would laugh.
I can't believe your kids let you wait so long to do that gingerbread house. It was one of the first things we did when we got back from spokane. Not because I was being supermom or anything close to that. I just couldn't stand the relentless questioning by chad on when we were going to do it.
I'm glad you have super-eric to fix everything!