Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Lot of Catch Up!

Last week was my friend Taraka turned 30! This picture was taken on her actual birthday--May 20th--at a girl's lunch. We teased her a lot about having a birthday week, because she had like 7 or 8 different celebrations. I love this girl, and yesterday she gave me quite a scare! We were at the park, and she was laying on a blanket on the grass. We looked over and she was sweating and hunched over in pain. She could hardly move and said she had never felt this much pain before. I left all the kids with our other friends at the park and I rushed her to the emergency room. The nurse there thought it was her gall bladder, but after she and Ben spent 3.5 hours there, the results were inconclusive. Poor girl! Last night she told me that she was going to take me to lunch sometime for everything I did for her yesterday. Seriously, you only take someone to lunch if they help you out when you are doing something fun! She took care of my kids until after midnight two weeks ago when I went to the Taylor Swift concert. I'm pretty sure the emergency room is not on the same level as a concert!


On Tuesday my parents had a runaway truck crash into their yard. It took out a few trees and made quite a mess. Crazy!



Today was Olivia's last day of preschool, and it was a very, very sad day! She has been a little tearful the past few days when she thinks about leaving Teacher Barbara. She is the greatest! The only way I could console Olivia was to tell her that we could visit Teacher Barbara anytime she wanted. Look out Barbara! Olivia told me this morning that she probably wouldn't visit everyday, because she goes to church on Sundays. These pictures were from preschool graduation on the 16th. They had a farm theme, and everything was adorable. I actually just watched it on video, and Eric took her. I was at the boy's soccer tournament that morning. A couple days before the graduation, Olivia told me that when I saw her up on stage I was going to think,"Oh! Why do I have the greatest child in the world?" Ofcourse it was because, "I have the best singings--way better than everyone else!"






On the 9th was Jackson's very last soccer game with his team he has been on since Kindergarten. They had 10 seasons together. It was a little sad now that everyone is splitting up for different select tryouts in U-11. They were such a good team, and the mothers were some of my best friends--so we always had a great time. One of the mothers gave coach Rudy a picture of the boys from the first spring season in kindergarten. I actually got a little choked up looking at it. They were so darn cute! I wanted them to be 6 again.


My family has been doing a huge garden up at my parents house, and all the families have put in a ton of work (Myron for sure the most!) These pictures were taken at the beginning of May, so it has come a long way since then. I will have to put updated pictures of it and the garden Eric has done at our house on the blog.




Eric did a lot of work on the garden boxes and the deer fence.






On May 1st, Olivia's dance class performed in her dance teacher's ward talent show. It happens to be the ward all my family is in, so she had lots of people cheering for her. Her recital was a few weeks later, but I can't figure out how to download her class pictures. They will have to be on a future blog post. Olivia's friend Katie is 3 1/2 months younger than her and about twice her size!


Their 2 numbers were so cute! Her teacher Mauressa does such a great job! Olivia is very sad that dance is over for the summer.



Olivia is such a fun, crazy little girl! She told me last week, "Mom- sometimes you ware me out, but I love you!" I told her that it was funny, because that is exactly how I feel about her. Last week Uncle Parker came to town for a golf tournament with Eric. He had absolutely no voice, and he told Olivia that he had lost his voice. Aunt Carol told her that maybe she should help him find his voice. Evidently Liv hadn't ever heard the expression of losing your voice, because she started looking around. She looked under the kitchen table and came up and said, "I don't see any talking under there!"

1 comment:

MayMay said...

OMGosh, the drama! I can't take it. Carter almost died, your friend has a mystery illness, a truck almost kills your parents, and Olivia is out of school!