Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day at the Lake

What can I say........Monday was a perfect day at the lake!!!! We even got our yardwork done in the morning. Then we headed to where the boat was over the winter and got it all cleaned up to put it on the water. While I'm looking at adorable Carter in this picture-- a little side note before I get back to the lake day. A few weeks ago on Sunday night, Carter went to sleep in Hayden's bed with him. He is not a fan of his crib anymore, and we need to get him a big boy bed. I had just fallen asleep and I heard Hayden screaming for us to come upstairs. I ran upstairs--Eric was in our closet packing and flung himself over the banister to get upstairs quicker. Hayden had Carter in the hallway and was screaming that he was choking. Eric was calm and acted quickly. He gave him the heimlich and a toy screw flew out of his mouth. Hayden said he was asleep and woke up when he heard Carter choking. It was so weird, because Carter is really past putting stuff in his mouth. I have no idea why he had the screw in bed with him either. It really scared us all, and the kids were really shaken up. I was so glad Eric was there. I know I would have done what I needed to do, but I would have been much more freaked out if it was just me. Everyday we can't squeeze the little guy enough! He is precious and growing up too fast. Everything he says is so cute to us. We are so blessed to have him in our family!

We have finally had some really nice weather for a few weeks. I thought the water would be too cold, so I didn't even wear my suit. It ended up being way nicer than I thought. We took the boat down the river and the water was about 10 degrees warmer in Anderson than in front of the cabin. I wished I would have had my suit on! It was just such a great family day!

The boys fight over who gets to drive the boat with dad.

My nephew Andrew came with us, and it was great having him with us. He was so cute. He just got home from his mission in Spain. He said that he had dreamed for 2 years of running down the dock and jumping into the water on a hot day. When we got to the cabin he did it immediately and was so excited! His family was home doing yardwork, but he couldn't handle knowing we were going to the lake and not going. Who could blame him? My kids love him and fight over him.


I'm not sure where Jackson got his love of being in the spotlight. If he has an audience or a camera is on him, he goes wild!

Olivia had to jump in the water every time we stopped the boat.

Jackson said he was going to take it easy on his first wakeboard run of the season, but he was getting pretty good by the end of his turn.








We started wakesurfing while Andrew was on his mission, but he picked it up so quickly! He is already better than me, and I did it a lot last year.

Hayden rocked the wakesurfing on his knees and had the best time!

5 comments:

Tolman Family said...

You people live a good life. Boating is such fun!

NACJMAC said...

Ohhh, this post of the lake made me miss you guys so much! Those were such fun times going up there with you guys. We're bummed you're not coming over this weekend. Our plans changed a little too- we'll get together soon. We have to! Everyone is changing and growing so much! We need to get caught up.

The Pyper Fam said...

Those pictures are totally making me itch to get out on the lake! :)There's nothing better in the summertime! :) I can't wait! I am so happy that this weather is finally getting better! Your kids are so dang cute! Jackson looks like a total stud in these pictures!

MayMay said...

So so fun! I love how great Jackson is with water sports!

A note about Carter. Gosh, I can't believe that happened. I'm glad you guys responded so quickly to Hayden. Daddy & Hayden were lifesaving heros!

Melanie said...

You guys always do such fun things, it makes me feel motivated to do something besides going to the pool...again!! I'm so glad Carter is okay, what a thing to happen! We had our own little moment last Sunday. The doorbell rang and it was some random lady from the neighborhood bringing Drew back! Rhett had been grilling, and Drew had gotten out the fence with no one noticing and she found him two streets over!! I about had a heart attack. You just know angels were looking out at times like those. So I know what you mean about hugging them for days!