Monday, June 29, 2009

June Happenings

Right now I am seriously enjoying the peace and quiet for a few days. Eric drove the kids down to Utah yesterday to stay with his parents. I have the house to myself. It would get really old if it was for very long, but right now I'm taking a few days to organize and clean out stuff. I will fly down on Thursday and meet them for the 4th.

Friday night we had another Shock game. The boys talked Eric into sitting in our front row seats with their friends Kavery and Kacen. They stood the whole time and leaned over the pads so they could be part of the game. Every time the music came on, they were dancing crazily--especially Jackson. He is always trying to win the dance for your dinner contest. He came close one time. The box we sit in is behind these seats, so we could watch their dance moves all night.

I finally took my camera to one of Hayden's baseball games. He is so cute! The other night he was looking in his wallet and asked me where his $20 bill was. I told him that I had used it to pay a babysitter, and I would pay him back. I found him later crying. I asked him what was wrong, and he said that that $20 bill was a special one. He got it for his baptism from a friend. I had no idea it was special, so now I'm in trouble.


He was pitching this night. I get so nervous when he pitches that he will walk everyone. He actually did ok--except the one kid that he hit with his pitch. His team is crazy into baseball. We are not baseball people, but we let him play since he had lots of friends on the team. We all had matching shirts with their names on it to support the team at the games. I looked hot in my Valley Hitmen shirt!



Olivia begged me to buy this shirt for her so everyone could know how much she loves soccer!

This mound of dirt kept Olivia and Carter busy the entire game. It was so great to not have to worry about them. I brought every snack imaginable and balls to keep them entertained, but they were more interested in dirt.


The boys had their end of the year piano recital at the Steinway gallery. They were cute and did a good job. There were a lot of kids their age that were really good. I think it was because they practice more than 3 minutes a day. Practicing is definitely a chore for the boys. They would much rather be playing sports. I'm a mean mom and make my kids take piano lessons. Hayden did one of his songs in the talent show at school, and it was all his idea. So it couldn't be that bad.



4 comments:

Amber said...

Cute Sharlene and I am so jealous that you are kid free...that has never happened to me before...good for you. Enjoy and have fun in Utah!!!

Amber
P.S. I had a mean Mom that made me take piano lessons...the kids will thank you one day!!!

Nichole Lowe said...

Wow how would it be to be kid free. Wish you were staying in Utah a little longer. If you want to come see the Provo parade maybe we can meet up. Anyway, have fun and you know we have to show our pride for the Shock. Tyler loves his shirt.

Jade said...

Cute pics. Looks like a fun/busy summer already. If I were you, I might accidentally "miss" my flight and keep the peace a little longer:)

Amy C said...

all alone.

that happened here once.

for an hour.

good for you!