Friday, May 2, 2008

Are You Serious?




I decided to get on the computer and look for plane tickets this morning. I was excited, because I got out an Elmo dvd and Carter seemed to be enjoying it and watching it. I got into my plane ticket searching, and Carter still seemed to be entertained. Then I looked over and my bedroom door was closed. That is always a bad sign. Carter must be learning from Olivia. Anytime she is going to do something she knows would not make me happy, she closes the door to the room I'm in or the room she is in. I quickly hurried to my bedroom and heard the water on. Carter was playing happily in my bathtub---with the water on. He was drinking the water from the spout, splashing and laughing. Unfortunately he was fully clothed, shoes and all. Last fall, when we were living with my parents, I found him fully clothed sitting in the toilet. He was facing the back of the toilet, flushing it over and over. He was so happy and laughing. He is such a monkey. It was just after his 1st birthday, and he could already climb well enough to get himself into the toilet. I wish I would have taken a picture that day. I was too panicked and grabbed him right out. Today I figured the damage was already done. I might as well take a few pictures.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

this is classic! so glad you got pictures. i love the face in the first one. clearly no remorse!! love it.

Holly said...

He is so cute! What is it about water that just makes kids so happy?

Amy C said...

Oh my Gosh, the bathtub - so funny! He looks totally happy and cute. The toilet - I would have been absolutely freaking out. I might have scared the poor child for life with my reaction. You're a great mom!

Mauressa said...

I don't see what's wrong with this. Seriously. Carter is just practicing efficiency; wash your clothes and wash your body all at one time. We should all learn from this.

Beau

Meghann said...

Welcome back to life with baby boys! Although, Lucy is every bit as messy and into things. I'm so bummed I miss you and the other at the park (2 times!) this week. Can't wait for the game on Saturday!!!

Cindy said...

Cute pictures!!! Kids are always doing crazy things like that but it sure makes you smile because it's so great!!

Cindy said...

We bought a house over my U-high HS in Midolome area it's in the 12th ward. We wanted to get into something a little bigger

The Pyper Fam said...

Carter is so cute! That boy loves playing in water! :) I love it! I have a feeling that as our boys get older, that they will be michevious together! :) We will have to watch out for them! :)

G&G Martin said...

Char, Not to worry you, even though this is cute, I just wanted to stress how this could be very dangerous, so you should really keep an eye on him. A little 14 month girl here in Vernal drowned in the tub when her mom left the room. She wasn't in the tub when she left. Take care. Marj Martin
(Brenda's Mom)