Monday, May 19, 2008

Random Enloe Life

Olivia is so crazy. She keeps me laughing all the time. She is definitely harder than the boys were, but she is so much fun. Yesterday after church her teacher stopped me in the hall. She said that earlier she had been telling the class about the primary activity/service project at the temple next Saturday. She said that Olivia was writing in her notebook like it was a planner and without looking up told her, "I'm busy." She is quite the little diva. She spells her name OliviAH. Whenever I write her name with a lower-case a on the end she reminds me that she only likes big A's and she really likes H's. A few months ago she told me that she took Hayden's H from his name, so he is just Ayden. Later she said that they both could have H's in their name. Today she climbed up on the refrigerator and was hanging from the door handles. I said, "get down right now!" She replied, "Mom, you have to say Please get down, nicely, or I will not get down."
Last week, Ben, Taraka and Tucker came over for dinner when we had the missionaries over. Olivia got Taraka to read about 20 books to her. Taraka is much nicer than me. I always say she has to pick just 1 or 2. Olivia loved the nonstop attention.
Evidently Carter thinks it is okay to hang out on the kitchen table. He is such a climber. I can't keep him off of anything.
Today when I went to my mom's house, Carter wanted to stay with grandma. He kept on running away when I tried to put him in the car. Once I would get him, he would reach for my mom and cry for grandma. He didn't want anything to do with me. He stays with grandma a lot during the day when I volunteer at the school or have other things going. Today we were just making a short visit, and he was not happy with me that he did not get to stay. Grandma told him he could have a piece of chocolate once he got in the car. I'm thinking next time we will just let him scream. You wouldn't think that one piece of chocolate could do so much damage on the 5 minute car ride home.

Hayden finally lost one of his front teeth. It has been dangling there forever.
Last Thursday was my first big enrichment night since I have been in charge. We had a conversation cafe. It is like speed dating, but instead you get to know a ton of different people. We had a four course meal. Everything went really smoothly, and it was a lot of fun. I thought the ugly brown gym had a pretty good makeover.

This day I was trying to take a picture of Carter. He obviously thought it would be funny to make me work for it. He kept on posing and then right when it was time to take the picture he would run away and laugh. I finally pinned him down on the floor.

6 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

Olivia cracks me up. I have a feeling that Kate will be a lot like her. It must be a girl thing. I am loving this blogging thing and am so glad I started.

Danna said...

Brady and I are reading your blog together and cracking up. I especially liked Carter's chocolate mess in the car, and Brady enjoyed Hayden's lost tooth that had been dangling forever. Funny! Very impressive enrichment night. The gym looks awesome! But, I wouldn't expect anything less from the party coordinator.

Melanie said...

are kids allowed to be that cute?? you should really check in the parenting handbook. plus, i think we are destined to be inlaws because i think oliviAH and MY jackson would make such an entertaining couple! two peas in a pod. the other day i accidentaly ripped one of his school papers and he goes, "mom! watch what you're doing! say sorry to me mom."

Amy C said...

Where do I start?? Olivia, again so funny! Yes, let him scream cuz then you don't have to when you find him covered in chocolate, and what a fabulous idea (and decorations!) for E-Night. Way to go, Shar!

Meghann said...

I love Carter's crazy, curly hair.

Gina said...

Hey Sharlene! I came across your blog. I love it! I've been blog hopping since I just started one for our family. Check it out at shucrew.blogspot.com. Gwyn is a climber too and climbs up the bar stools to get on the counter. Love the chocolate mess too. Whenever I give Gwyn something that I know is going to be a mess I tell her, "Now, don't make a mess, OK?" Then when Matt gets mad because it's sticky everywhere I just say, "I told her not to make a mess." Hope to get together soon!