Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Tea

Today Olivia made her big debut at her preschool Mother's Tea. She was in the Ants Marching song. She got to sing "the ants go marching 8X8 hoorah, hoorah....the little one stops to shut the gate....." She was adorable. Ofcourse we somehow got there without her glasses. She is using her backup pair, and they even need to be fixed. We've got to get in to fix them after Carter has got a hold of them.

Carter was pretty sure he was star of the show, even though he was just watching.
At the end, each kid stood in front of their parents to sing. Carter ran out and grabbed Olivia's head band. He wore it for a while and then we managed to distract him long enough to get it away before he broke it.
Olivia's favorite boyfriend Sam goes to her preschool. She tells us they are going to get married when she is 6.
We posed for a mother-daughter photo. My hair isn't really short and curly on the left side. You can just see my sister's bangs behind me.
Luckily most of the show Carter was asleep on my shoulder. Otherwise he would have joined everyone's performance.
Olivia brought me my mother's day gift. It was a yellow sock with rice in it. She told me you put it on your shoulder or your neck or your head if you have an "asscident" and they hurt. I had to laugh at the way she says accident.
Aunt Carol came to see Olivia, too. My mom works at the family history center on Thurs. afternoon, so Carol stood in.

Olivia doesn't like it if Carter wants to share the ottoman to watch tv. He can barely stay on. This kind of reminds me of Eric and my bed. He sleeps in the middle and I'm on the edge.
They are prettty cute together. Olivia pretends to be happy to have him when she sees the camera.
Hayden is pretty good at striking a pose while he does his homework.
For anyone who read my last entry..... here goes Carter again. I turned on the shower to let it warm up, and I ran into my closet to get out my clothes. I came back and Carter had already got in the shower. He even brought Olivia's rain boots. Now that was smart thinking. Carter definitely loves the water!



12 comments:

NicoleD said...

Olivia is such a doll and get more cute every time I see her! It looks like you had a fun time at the tea. I love your pics of carter and his water obesession! You've gotta get those in a scrapbook!

Amy said...

I love how adorable your kids are...they look like fun! Adam & Carter sure would love to find some trouble together...they are just so alike!

Aren't you sad preschool is ending soon? This will be Honor's last year. I am pretty sure I am holding her back because she is so baby...too baby for even Kelelr's 1/2 day kindergarten! So, it'll just be us hanging at home together everyday...but Adam will love that.

Melanie said...

man i wish you guys lived closer! your kids look like so much fun,i'm sure our families would have a great time. i just wantt o squeeze olivia! that picture of carter in the shower is awesome. clearly he thinks this is how everyone should be showering/bathing!

Amy C said...

First of all, Olivia is gorgeous! Wow, you'll be hanging up on a lot of boys! Second: the curly hair comment made me laugh. Third:Picturing you hanging off the bed with eric all comfy in the middle also brings out a giggle. Fourth: hayden looks so grown up now. Fifth: Carter is amazing!

Heather's Blog said...

Carter is too cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. Olivia sure is a cutie too. I can't wait to see y'all!

Jessica said...

That little Olivia seems like so much fun!

I had to come check out the blog after seeing you yesterday. Very cute!

(And yesterday Ryan said, "You and Sharlene look a lot alike." So does that mean you look like Wonder Woman, too?--see my post from Thursday...)

.........Still ME! said...

I love to read you posts, but I also love to read what everyone says. Totally agree with the whole picturing you holding onto the sheets and Eric snoozing comfortably, funny. Also, I do think you and your friend "Wonder Woman" look alike! I've been replaced!

NACJMAC said...

It is so fun to see the cute things you guys are up to. We miss you guys! Definently we need to get together soon. I'll call you when we come, and if you're ever up for a 2 hour road trip come visit us anytime! We'd love it. (I loved the side curly hair picture:)

Stephanie@Soggy Runner Girl said...

Sharlene-
I linked toyour blog through Emily's. Your kids are adorable!!! Your house looks great. If you are everin Portland Let me know, it would be fun to ee you.

Stephanie@Soggy Runner Girl said...

Okay so it is probably not good blogging etiquete to comment twice but I don't have your email. That is so funny that Marnel is in your ward. I have wondered about her also. My email is ohiohenstroms@hotmail.com
Could you give her my email? Thanks! Also I know that you are a runner, it would be fun to do race together. I am thinking about doing the Top of Utah marathon in Logan in Sept if you are interested.

danielle bailey said...

Wow! I haven't blogged for awhile, and you have really caught on. I am feeling like a failure in the blogging world lately. You guys seem crazy busy like us, and I have to say it is nice to see that someone else's kids get into things and cause disasters like mine do. Some day I'll post all of the wonderful things Jensen and Carley do while I'm in the shower.

Danna said...

Way cute pictures! The tea looked like lots of fun. I have been MIA in the blog world, so I was a bit behind on yours. Your looking pretty hot, Shar!