Thursday, July 10, 2008

ARKANSAS!!!!!

I think we should do a show on mythbusters to dispell the myth that Arkansas would be a bad place to live and visit. Whenever I told someone that we were going on our vacation to Arkansas or that my brother lives in Arkansas they would always say,"Why????" I will not speak for the rest of Arkansas (because I'm not a real fan of Little Rock or some of the other parts) but Northwest Arkansas is awesome. It is not full of hillbillies and backwoods crazy people. If we were ever to choose to move somewhere else it would be here. They have 4 seasons, with beautiful fall and springs, a short winter and a great summer. Everything is so pretty and has that southern charm. They even have great shops and restaurants.



Anyway, we decided to visit over the 4th of July. My brother Mark rented a cabin on the lake where their dock and property is, and we spent the week with them. They have 4 kids the same ages as ours and they adore each other. It is so much fun to be together. We left the cabin last Saturday night and came back to Fayetteville for a few days. We were supposed to leave Tuesday, but instead we let Eric go home by himself. We were able to change our tickets-- for free-- and we are staying until Monday. Here is a few pictures of our week at the lake. My next post will have better pictures from Heather's camera and more of our week after we got back from the lake.
Eric


Olivia for some reason can't pose for a picture without putting up a hand or a foot. It frustrates me every time I try to take her picture.



Carter wanted to move on to wakesurfing, since he had mastered wakeboarding with his daddy. Eric amazes me that he can get up wakeboarding and wakesurfing with one hand and hold a kid with the other hand. He is then stable enough to get them down on the board and fall gracefully enough to keep the kids happy. He even went on the rope swing with one hand and held Olivia in the other.
Eric and Olivia
Austin, Hayden, Braden and Jackson love extreme tubing. The rougher the better for everyone but Hayden. He gets in the boat when it gets too crazy.


9 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

It looks like you had a great time. You should work for the travel channel. You made me want to go and visit Arkansas.

Amy C said...

Sharlene, that is so amazing to me that your kids are doing these things. I love to see Olivia on the water like that. What great opportunities you're giving your kids. I don't know how to do all that, so again - can I just send the little chinns to you?? Oh yeah, and fab hubby, too!!

Madi said...

What a fun time you had...I'll think about Arkansas now thanks to you. I love how Olivia just owns the lake...so cute! Awesome how brave your kids are in the water....good times.

Melanie said...

it amazes me that your kids can water ski! Those are some great shots, Olivia is a hoot!

Natalie Jane said...

I would have to agree with you on the Arkansas thing. I married a guy from NW Arkansas, and while I personally don't want to live there, visiting is a blast.

(Seriously, your family is adorable.)

Meghann said...

Whoa, I have not talked to you in a long time. I had no idea you went to Arkansas. So last night at the game, when you said Jackson stayed behind at the family reunion . . . did you mean he's in Arkansas?

It is gorgeous. My sister lives there. The south is soooo beautiful. I love all the trees.

Olivia on the board is too cute. She looks like she owns the water.

wendy holt said...

I will agree that Little Rock is not the best place in the world! (I was taken hostage there for three years!!) NW Arkansas is like a different PLANET compared to "The Rock" I am glad you had a great time!

the Aymster said...

We just got back from our week at the lake too. I need to post the pics. What kind of board is Olivia riding on by herself? Steve takes Bransen on the wakeboard too!!

Heather's Blog said...

OK so it is what???October and I am just now catching up on some blogging musts. And my first stop was your blog but it took me forever to find it since i accidently erased all links on my blog. OOPS! I finally found your blog from some other random enloe family member that i found by just typing in different enloe.blogspot names until i finally found a link to you! Anyways....I love your blog and all of the pictures of my favorite kids. Reading about arkansas makes me want to cry! I want y'all back here to play. Sorry for the novel.