Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Perfect Lake Day!

June 27th was the first night we spent out at the lake this year. That is so sad. It is probably a record for the latest first lake day for us. Between the weather being really bad, Eric being crazy busy at work and scout camp, we didn't make it earlier. We went out on Friday night with the Guy Family, spent the night, and then hit the lake early. It was a gorgeous day!

Jackson
Hayden
I have never had a kid love water quite as much as Carter. Eric jumped out of the boat to wakeboard, and he chased after him. Eric held him as he got up and then let him stand on the board after he got up. My other kids did this with Eric when they were younger, too. It was always our idea before, and they weren't sure how much they liked wakeboarding with daddy. This time it was all Carter, and he loved it!
Hayden's tooth finally came out! No more Hillbilly.
Olivia and her buddy Madison
After wakeboarding we drove the boat to ArrowPoint for lunch. We had to cut the day much shorter than we would like to make it to the Shock game by 5.
Sunday wasn't nearly as good as our perfect day on the lake. Somehow Carter grabbed a huge handful of bread during the sacrament. He then proceeded to shove the whole thing in his mouth and then gag on it repeatedly as he tried to get it down. I had my hands ready for it to come back out. During Sunday School I was into the lesson and then realized someone's cell phone was ringing. Unfortunately it was mine! I forgot it was in my bag. It wasn't just a regular ring, either. It was an Alicia Key's song. I was so embarrassed. That has never happened to me before. I guess I'm just happy it was not during sacrament meeting.
We had the missionaries over for dinner and I spent the whole night packing and getting ready to leave for Arkansas. Having gone to Silverwood on Friday, then to the lake and then to the Shock game, I was not very prepared. I had so much to do that I didn't make it to bed until 1:30 am. We had to leave for the airport by 4:30, so I didn't sleep much.
We made it to the airport, and the kids were pretty good. Olivia carried her own backpack. As she was walking up the ramp to go through security she said, "Dad, my legs are so sick and tired!" Our first flight all I wanted to do was sleep. Carter didn't want to. The last 45 minutes he finally fell asleep. The second flight he was wide awake. It was a very small plane, and they asked 3 passengers to go to the back of the plane to balance out the weight. The man in front of Carter and me jetted away from us as quickly as possible. I told the lady next to me that she had her chance. She could get away from us. She told me there was no way she was going to the back of the plane. 20 minutes later when she was asleep, she probably changed her mind. Carter looked over, stuck out one finger, and poked her fat roll like she was the pilsbury dough boy. She was not happy! I was a little embarrassed, but I laughed inside. I had warned her.

10 comments:

Heather's Blog said...

Love your lake pictures and i am glad that you finally got some time out at the lake. I was worried that your might not have a summer at all up there in cold cold spokane. Looks like a lot of fun! Wish you were here with us in Arkansas. Oh yea wait...YOU ARE!!!!!

The Pyper Fam said...

The lake looks beautiful in those pictures! I can't believe Carter on the wakeboard! That boy is a little dare devil! He's adorable! Hope you guys had fun in Arkansas. And lets hope there are many more lake days this summer! I didn't know you guys had season passes to Silverwood! We don't, but really want to go back out there sometime this summer, so let us know when you guys are going again. Oh, and I got your message about the bilboard on Dishman-Mica. I have had more than one person tell me that it looks like me. I can see it. But its not! :)

Nichole Lowe said...

I know how you feel with the cell phone. I was at mutual during a quite moment when my cell phone started ringing "Your Body is a Wonderland" with the bishop sitting right there next to me. Yeah it was great. Love the story about Carter and the fat roll.

the Aymster said...

I love the pillsbury dough boy part the best. Made me laugh!! I told Carsen if Hayden can wakeboard he can too. We'll see if that works.

.........Still ME! said...

Holy Crap I think I'm going to wet my pants.... I don't know if I could have held in my laugh when Carter poked the dough boy.

I can't wait to come play with you all in a couple of weeks, it souds so fun! But then again we always have so much fun when we are with your family!

Melanie said...

how fun!! those are some impressive water moves from jackson, can't believe carter could stay on, very cool!

Gina said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't get over Carter on the wakeboard. I would be freaking out if that was Gwyn.

Amy C said...

HaHaHa, that is SO funny about the poking!!!!! I can't stop laughing...okay, I'm back. And so jealous of the Guy's! No fair, no fair, no fair! And I love the wakeboarding kids. Can mine come visit?

NACJMAC said...

Ohh, I miss those days at the lake with you guys. I just found some pictures of Jackson & little Hayden in life jackets a few days ago while I was sorting. Those are fun memories with you guys- the air chair or whatever that was called! Proud of your little pro- wakers! We miss you guys!

Meghann said...

Okay, it reallys bugs that you can never get a direct flight anywhere, except Seattle or SL.

That having been said, I love that our airport is never busy.

I had no idea you were going to Arkansas the next day! You have so much energy. You seriously astound me with all that you do.