Monday, February 23, 2009

February Happenings




Please help me!!!! Blue and Gold Banquet is tomorrow night, and Eric is out of town. He is always the one who decorates the cakes with the boys. It is a really good thing I thought of having Aunt Carol help the boys. I made the cakes and the frosting and gave them over to Carol. She colored the frosting and helped the boys decorate their cakes with all her cake decorating supplies. Thank goodness for Aunt Carol! Thanks also to Grandma Wagstaff. We invaded her house last night and made the mess there. She was a good sport.


Jackson loves the Cowboys and Hayden loves the Giants. Another thing that Hayden loves is food! I had been wondering how Hayden's lunch money was running out so fast. I didn't think much of it, and I wrote another check. Last week Hayden had a friend over and I heard him say, "don't you just love the school breakfasts? The frosted flakes are so good!" I personally didn't even know that they had breakfast at school. Apparently he was eating breakfast at home and then eating breakfast at school. He was eating cereal and pop tarts for $1.75. I told him no more, and then I found out he was still eating there. He said he forgot. Yeah right! I saw the lunch lady last week at school and told her about it. She said she didn't know he was eating breakfast at home. I was so embarassed. She must have thought I was mother of the year! You would think Hayden would be heavy as much as he loves food, but he is constantly moving and has Eric's metabolism.

The boys are doing a science fair project with their cousin Jacob. They mixed cornstarch with water and made a "non-newtonian" fluid. You can run on it and not sink, but when you stop running you sink. All the kids had the greatest time. It was a good thing we did it on the back porch, because it was a huge mess.













A couple weeks ago, I took Olivia and Carter to free time at a gymnastics place. They absolutely loved it. Carter got to be the monkey that he always is but without breaking everything in our house. He has been making me a little crazy lately, because he is waking up really early-- like 6:30 or 6:45. None of the rest of my kids ever were like that. I need to have my morning time, and it is hard to get things done when he is awake. Sunday we don't have church until 1pm so I really wanted to sleep in. Eric was out of town and Carter came into my room at 6:30 wanting to watch Diego. I went into the family room and turned it on for him and went back to bed. That was a bad idea. He came in when it was over and wanted me to turn another show on. I went out there and saw the barstool in front of the toaster. There was 2 eggos in there, and they were already toasted. I can't believe that my 2 year old can get eggos out of the freezer and put them in the toaster. My older kids probably would have left the freezer open, but Carter is a little ocd and has to shut everything. That is a little freaky to think that he did all of this while I was in bed. Now I can't even leave him alone to watch diego or dora. What will he do?












The Sunday before Valentine's day, my sister Paula's family came over to make sugar cookies. Paula and I have had a Valentine's tradition of making cookies for years. It was awesome to have Myron there, because he was so fast and didn't mind 3 kids on the counter, rolling, touching and licking the dough.



Myron even let Carter stay up on the counter and roll the dough eith him.






Jackson can't take a picture without making some sort of crazy face.






Olivia and Natalie decided to dress up for the occasion. Olivia is so crazy! Today we were at a restaurant and she went to the bathroom. I heard her screaming for me, and I ran in there. She needed my help wiping, which is so gross!! We were walking to wash our hands and she said, "well that's something you don't see everyday." I asked her what she was talking about, and she said, "green poop. You don't see green poop everyday!"

9 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

OK Olivia's comments make me laugh. Welcome to my world of the 6:30 wake up call. Kate also loves Dora and Diego but I can't leave her alone either to watch them. At least Carter wasn't pouring syrup all over. I loved the cakes. Ryan says go Giants. I lean more towards the Cowboys myself. Glad to see you are all doing good and not freezing to death to much.

Amy said...

Green Poop!...love it, that sounds so much like what my kids would be excited about.

Your experiment on the back porch looks like so much fun! We are going to do that one for sure!

Your kitchen is beautiful.

Melanie said...

Your kids crack me up!! Maybe there is something to the fourth child and getting up early. Drew is the same way and it drives me crazy. I say if he can cook his own breakfast, that's a bonus!

Stephanie said...

Fun, fun! I am totally jealous of your trip to Hawaii, but you deserved it. I remember February in Spokane being completely depressing. By summer, there is no place more beautiful, but February is no good.

Madi said...

I love Jackson's facial expressions. Your family makes me smile!
Hey, fly up in March and then drive with me to Colorado. Come on, you know you're up for adventure. It would be fun to see you and hang out at Brenda's. =)

Madi said...

oh my heck, that last post was from me .... Carrie!

Raelene said...

That is so funny... My three year old does the samething, but he gets into as many goodies as he can before I wake up. He doesn't shut the doors to anything though. That is good training!

Amy said...

I am so glad you posted about non Newtonian mixture! It saved us, Cody needed a science experiment & I remembered this. He made some for his class & they loved it!!! So, thank you.

By the way, Cody is standing here next to me and says, "Mom, we need to have a playdate with Jackson." So, Shar, how are we gonna make that happen???

Amy C said...

Nice, thanks for that last part...