Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter




We had a really wonderful Easter weekend. We were so lucky to have Eric's parents come and spend it with us. We were very sad that they had to leave after church to head back to Utah. Olivia cried on Anita's lap during church and then fell asleep in her arms. She did not want grandma Needers to leave.

Olivia is never very excited for me to do her hair, but she endured.
Carter showed off his new sunglasses from the Easter Bunny! He is just about the cutest thing in the world right now. I just hug and squeeze and kiss him constantly. Anything he says is cute to me. I don't want him to grow up! He didn't sleep very much while grandma and grandpa were here. He had 2 monster tantrums that were the worst he has ever had, and we all said it is a good thing he is cute.

Olivia got a pink football from the Easter bunny and a rake. She showed me the rake she wanted at Target. I told her I would tell the Easter bunny. She told me I should just buy it then and give it to the Easter Bunny and he would pay me back. I agreed and thought that made life a lot easier if I didn't have to go back to Target later. I just adore Olivia...most of the time. Sometimes I think she is going to put me over the edge. The constant unanswerable questions and nonstop random noise and talking and screaming at times make me crazy! Then other times I remind myself what a great sweet girl she is. I really am lucky to have a little girl. Eric is out of town, and she has been missing him a lot. She told me the other day that we really needed to get a gift for daddy. I asked if she wanted to get one for his birthday, and she said that she just wanted to get him one so he would know how special she thinks he is. She is such a sweetheart. She said maybe we should get him some more copy paper to put in his office. Now that is a very practical gift. Not quite sure why she wants to get him that. I guess maybe her and Carter go thru a lot of it for drawing.
Jackson had an adventure finding his basket!
It was down in a window well with a lot of tumble weeds that blew over from the vacant lot across the street. It is a good reminder that we need to get them cleaned out! Jackson has grown up so much in the past few months. He just makes me so happy! He is the sweetest nicest boy now. It is not that he wasn't nice before, but he has just changed. He is so responsible and hard working. He tries so hard to be the best person he can be, and I'm so proud of him! We are so thankful to have him as a son.

Hayden also had to climb in the window, but he didn't have to battle the tumble weeds. He is just a fun kid! He must be going thru the stage Jackson just got out of, because I have to get after him about stuff more than I used to, but he is still great. He is constantly going and busy with sports and loves every bit of it.


4 comments:

Jade said...

So,So cute! Your kids are so adorable. I can't believe how big they are getting!

danielle bailey said...

hey, please tell me this is how you scrapbook now. You are so good about blogging. This year for Easter we let Braden help the Easter bunny. He thought he was so cool. I can't believe how fast they grow up. Also, we had the same R.S. dinner/party with the purses. It was a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll have some news soon. Our house just fell out of escrow. I'm bummed, but more from the fact that I have to keep it extra clean and picked up again. Having a week off was so nice.

shay said...

Cute family! I love the Easter pictures! So fun!

Amy C said...

I love what you said about Jackson. Love that boy!