Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Road Trip!

For Spring Break this year we did the unthinkable.....we went on a huge road trip. Considering we never drive longer than a day's drive, ever, this was a change for us. We left after school last Tuesday (the kids were on half days for conferences) and headed to Utah. We stayed at Eric's Aunt Robyn's house. Eric had a meeting at noon in Salt Lake. We would have done something outdoors and springy, but it was snowing. We weren't ready to head out of Utah until 3:30, so we got to Arizona after midnight. We stayed at Eric's cousin Ryan's house in Gilbert. Corey and Brenda's family, Lindsey, Hillary and Jeff, and Eric's parents came too. All the girls and kids crashed the boys' NCAA basketball boy's weekend. We had fun with the kids, and the boys had fun going to the games on Thursday and Saturday and golfing and tennis in between. We were just so happy to be in warm weather, since up north we are having global cooling! The kids had the best time playing with their cousins. Ryan and Nichole's kids, Tyler and Kate, are just like 1st cousins to my kids even though they are 2nd cousins.
Tyler, Rhys, Malik and Olivia

Hayden, Jackson and Malik went to Tyler's scout day camp while they were there. The younger boys got to make tool boxes--which they were very excited about!
Jeff and Hillary snuggled with Kate during one of the rare moments that she was sitting still.
Lindsey squirted the kids off before bath time.


Liv went with Ron and Anita to visit GG Mary. She gave Liv a lion that she carries around with her non-stop now.

Liv with BBR(Big Bad Ron) aka grandpa.

Hilly and Jeff


Carter and Kate


Little miss poser


CHEEEEEEEESE!
Carter's favorite thing to say is "wook at me! wook at me! wheee!"

Grandma told Liv she was a monkey. Liv told her that she was only 1/2 monkey because she didn't like bananas.

Kate, Jorie, Carter and Olivia

The kids even got Grandma to go down the slide with them.

On Friday we took the kids to a park to have water ball races. It doesn't look like it would be that fun from the pictures, but the kids loved it. After an hour and a half we had to make them leave.


Olivia adores Grandma Enloe-- it might have something to do with the fact that Anita will do anything Olivia wants. Whenever they are around I put Liv's carseat in their car, and she is their kid for a few days. She cries hysterically whenever it is time for them to leave.


Olivia used her wet water ball to draw a picture of herself on the concrete.



And they are off..... who's ball will make it there first? Riveting, I know!


We had such a relaxing, fun time in Arizona! We were really excited to go see Corey and Brenda's new house in Aspen and hang out with them, but not excited to leave the beautiful weather. On Monday we drove to Colorado and arrived in the below freezing snowy weather. I didn't bring enough cold weather clothes for the trip. Yesterday I wore flip-flops, and my feet were really cold. I should have just worn my running shoes and sacrificed style! I guess it has been snowing back home and in Utah, so what is with this cruddy spring break weather? It is a good thing Brenda and I are home playing games and relaxing while it snows outside-- Eric, Corey, Jackson, Hayden and Malik are snowboarding. It feels like Christmas break??????

8 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

You forgot to add blogging to your events that you are doing. I can't say I envy you right now with cold weather and snow. I am so glad you guys made the trip. We had so much fun. Tyler has only commented a thousand times since you left how he misses your kids. Poor kid! Have a safe ride home.

Tolman Family said...

Hey, it was nice to talk to you from the background and for a split second or two on the phone. Even though it sounds like a lot of driving, it sounds like you guys all had a great time. Too bad Parker and Aria and their kids were not there though. I bet that felt odd. I want to do that thing a bop that you did for your people list. I like to look at the ones people have undated. I forgot to have Brenda show me before she left. Drive safe tomorrow! Next time you throw you kids in the car and go driving about, stop in Sunny Cali and hit Disneyland. It only cost a couple of arms and maybe one leg, but it's for sure worth it!!

Morgan Territory said...

Hey Sharlene! I'm jealous that you got to take a trip to AZ. Next winter we will HAVE to do that...gotta get out of the cold!

Yes, we will be there on Friday. It will be interesting to see how Morgan does since 7:30 is her usual bedtime. I think she'll have fun with the other kids since she's finally about big enough to "play" with them, or at least watch the craziness. See you then!

Melanie said...

You guys always have such amazing family trips. If you ever want to adopt, I'd gladly join the Enloe clan!! Always sounds like a blast! You need to make the next road trip to Texas...;)

shay said...

It looks like you had a great trip. I hope you brought the warm weather back with you!

Stephanie said...

What a fun spring break! There's nothing better than warm weather and great times with cousins!

Cindy said...

Looks like you guys had a great spring vacation and awesome weather once you left Utah. Tons of fun. You and the family always seem like you are doing fun trips.

Amy C said...

Looks like ya'll had so much fun! I love that half monkey of yours! I'm glad it was a successful road trip. Reading this really made me miss you guys! Waaaa. I told the kids that I'm going to buy a Wii and they begged me to use the money to come visit your family instead. We're all BFF's now (Best Families Forever!).