Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back to Real Life



While I was gone on my girl's trip, a lot of housework piled up! I decided to enlist child labor to help me out. I had more loads of laundry to do than ever, so Carter did it for me. He was so cute and wanted to be helpful. The only problem was that he would get a little excited and shut the door to the washer before we got everything in our out.
I thought Olivia should wear a cute maid's outfit to clean the house. Actually this a picture I took of her before her dress rehearsal for her dance recital. When I got home from the airport and went to my moms to pick up Olivia and Carter, Olivia didn't have her glasses on. I asked her where they were. She replied, "I have contacts. I don't need my glasses any more." My mom said that she had told a lot of people that during the week. Some people even believed her. That would be a great idea to get a 4 year old contacts. On Sunday I was trying to get to church on time. I was doing Olivia's hair and she kept on running over and playing with the lid to the garbage can. I asked nicely a few times for her to come back. Finally I got really annoyed and told her that I didn't have time for her to do that. She just looked at me really seriously and said, "Well I have time for it." I was still annoyed, but I had to laugh.
Eric's brothers flew from Utah to help Eric win his golf tournament. The past 2 years Eric's team has come in 2nd place in the BYU Management Society golf tournament . Being the competitor he is, he was not going to let that happen again. Thanks to Parker and Corey, their team won by 1 stroke. Now Eric is the proud owner (at least until next year) of the first place trophy. Saturday morning the boys had to have their own Enloe Cup. A couple of years ago Parker had a traveling trophy made up for the Enloe boys. It says on it, "The Enloe Cup...to he who sucked the least" or something like that. There has only been a couple of times that Parker didn't win a round of golf with his brothers. Eric won the cup one time when we were in Vernal last summer. The next day they had to play again and Parker won it back. They all agree it will be a sad day when the next generation of Enloe boys is good enough to take over the trophy. We planned to go to the Tri-Cities after we dropped the boys off at the airport. The Shock had another game there last Saturday night. We were pretty tired from our week of travels and fun, so we decided to stay home and watch it on TV. Carter enjoyed hanging with dad, while we watched the game. Hayden has another dangling tooth, but he will not let us pull it out. He looks like quite the hillbilly with all the different sizes of teeth. His tooth keeps on bleeding when he bites into something. I got a call from the trainer running the Shock kids football camp this week. He was worried that Hayden might need to see the dentist after he was hit in the mouth and it was bleeding. I assured him that it was just a baby tooth that needed to come out, but Hayden was determined for it to come out naturally.
On Tuesday night the Pypers came over to watch to NBA finals. They have a little boy named Tucker that is the same age as Carter. He is the cutest, funniest little boy. It was so fun to watch them playing together.

8 comments:

Amy C said...

Very cute. The Enloe Cup sounds fun!

The Pyper Fam said...

Those boys are so cute together! I'm glad you got that link thing to work! :) Your Arizona trip sounds awesome! Good job for accomplishing so much! I swear it has been so long since I have traveled and something DIDN'T go wrong! Glad you made it back in one piece! :) Your house looked great to me on Tuesday night. I'm impressed with your child laborers! :)

Melanie said...

cute pictures of your kids, sounds like a fun week for you guys! i need to come hang out with olivia for a few days, she sounds like so much fun!

Heather's Blog said...

I love Olivia's personality! "I've got time." Too cute-can't wait to see her and the rest of the cute boys.

Cindy said...

It always sucks getting home from vacation because you have to play catch up for a week. At least the kids tried helping. Your girl's trip sounded like it was tons of fun. I saw an oprah about a spa doing the challenge course and it looked like tons of fun

Unknown said...

Malik and Hayden are having the same problem right now, he is driving me crazy! I just want to pin him down and rip it out! They look like such goofs with heir teeth dangling!

Oh, the Enloe cup.... Corey is getting a little ticked about not being a holder for more that 3 days... then again not everyone has the luxury of being able to practice 5-6 days a week like Parker.

Way off the subject... how do you like you b-day present, is it what you wanted and is is working out for you?
(longest commment ever, sorry....maybe i should just email...)

.........Still ME! said...

woops, above comments not from Corey, I didn't realize I was logged in under his name HaHaHa

NicoleD said...

Lizzie spends all day in the pool and still needs a bath at the end of the day! It sounds like you have been keeping crazy busy!