Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Best Girl's Trip Ever!!!



Last week I went to Arizona with my BFF Amy and my BFF Melanie. You might look at this picture and think we went to Boot Camp. At times it was kind of like that, but it was the best girl's trip I could ever imagine. It was amazing. We actually went to Miraval Spa. The Spa treatments were wonderful, but I actually liked the challenge course even more. I spent 3 days conquering my fears and doing things I never even thought about doing. I felt so cool. My friend Melanie did the most amazing job documenting our whole journey. Go to http://mamao4.blogspot.com/2008/06/mel-shar-amys-excellent-adventure.html to learn about our exciting adventure getting to the spa and then to http://mamao4.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-in-miraval-is-you.html to learn about our whole Miraval experience.
Amy and Melanie had an easy direct plane ride back to Texas. I, on the other hand, gave them hugs as I got onto the plane. I started reading my book. I was so relaxed without any kids. I was reading for almost an hour when I realized that we never took off. Finally they announced that the computer had a problem that they could not fix. They told Spokane passengers to exit the plane and see the attendant to be rebooked. They told me to come back the next day and they could get me to Spokane by 5:30 the next night. I told them that would not work out for me. To make a long story short, I told them to get me closer to Spokane that night. I spent the night in Vegas and was home around 10 the next morning. I was just so thankful that I was not with my kids. Plane malfunctions and stayovers without luggage are never fun when you are traveling with your kids!

7 comments:

Amy C said...

That's so funny that you read for an hour and didn't know you hadn't taken off. Too cute. Glad you got your toothbrush back!

Nichole Lowe said...

What you came to Arizona and didn't even call !!!:) Did you fly Northwest? That is what happenend to me last month but I had two kids. Nightmare. It sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait for Chicago in September.

Melanie said...

when we got back to texas and got your texts, both of our jaws hit the floor! we couldn't believe how awful, getting delayed like that! glad you are home safe and sound, had so much fun with you our trip!

Danna said...

Where's your pictures of the famous people? I didn't know about the plane malfunctions. I'm sorry. But your right, it could have ben worse. At least you didn't have your kids!

Heather's Blog said...

Sounds like an awesome trip right up until the end. But at least you didn't have your kids and you got out of Vegas cause hey- What goes to vegas stays in vegas...or something like that.

Heather's Blog said...

K-I just looked at the other blog posts about the trip. It really looks like a ton of fun!

Holly said...

Okay, I just checked out the other blogs. That sounds like such a fun trip! I'll have to look into it for a possible sister's for me and my sisters.
Also-does Tri-Cities have an arena football team? I should probably know this. You mentioned you had a game here and so I was just wondering...