Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Morning


There is still much more Easter fun to come this afternoon, but here is a quick look at what we did this morning. Eric's parents are here from Vernal, so the kids are loving having Easter with them. They end up coming here most Easters, so it is almost a tradition. Carter and Liv got bunny ears in their basket. Carter got some spiderman stuff and Liv got a Tamagachi. She told me yesterday that she was getting one. I asked her how the Easter Bunny knew she wanted one. She told me, "MOM, don't you remember??? You emailed him!" The boys got a gerbil. Don't ask me why. Hayden has been bugging me to get a pet forever. I finally broke down and told him he could get a gecko for Easter. He has been telling everyone. We went to the pet store yesterday and realized how expensive it would be to get everything that it required. When I heard from the saleslady that I would have to come twice a week to buy live bugs to feed the gecko, I decided against it. Jackson's friend Bailey was with us. His mom told me that she would happily give us her daughters gerbil--with everything and $10. You know you are in trouble when they offer to pay you to take it off their hands. I couldn't pass up free. When the kids stop taking care of it and playing with it at least we aren't out any money.
Eric loves to make a big yummy breakfast on Conference Sundays. Anita made sticky buns, and Eric made eggs, bacon and abelskivars. Ben and Tucker and the Guys came over between sessions. It has been such a great day so far. I love Easter and I love conference Sundays--so it is double greatness. It is so wonderful to be able to hear from our prophet and apostles and recommitt myself to do all the things that will make my family's life better and grow closer to Christ!

I guess I better stop blogging and get ready for my family to come over for dinner and egg hunt. More fun to come......

4 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

Wow you have even posted Easter before me. I am impressed. I am sad that I didn't get the memo about spring break (giving you a hard time). It looks like you all had a great time.

Amy C said...

May has a friend who keeps trying to give May her hamsters! I guess the mom keeps suggesting it too! It's not happening.

Melanie said...

Great posting Shar! With you AND Amy back on track with blogging, I'm feeling the heat! Keep it up:)

Heather's Blog said...

Mmmmm...Abelskivars! Wish I was there to partake!