Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Break

Last week we drove down to Utah for spring break. Jackson had his first soccer game and Hayden had a baseball tournament in Yakima on Saturday, so we left on Sunday. I drove to Missoula and then Eric drove the rest of the way. We didn't run into any weather, so it was fast. The kids were easy. I got to listen to my book and scrapbook on my laptop. The weather was pretty good on Sunday and Monday. Then on Tuesday the wind started blowing like a thousand miles per hour. I'm surprised our car didn't lift off the ground! Then Wednesday we woke up to a snow storm that didn't really stop. Considering we never really had snow this winter in Spokane, it wasn't that fun to go on vacation and get snow in April! Brenda and her kids met us in Alpine, and we hung out with Aria and her kids for a few days. Leif, Carter and Jorie are so cute together. Leif is over a year younger Carter and Jorie, so he isn't talking as much. When he is with them, though, he carries on the cutest little conversations. It is so fun to listen to them. Leif and Jorie are adorable! I just want to squeeze them and take them home with me!

We loved staying at Aria's, and the kids loved playing together. We mostly just hung out at home. We took the kids to Diary of a Wimpy Kid on Monday and then we played cards a ton. It is great that Aria and Brenda love to play games as much as I do! On Tuesday we visited our friends the Baileys that live really close to Aria and Parkers. We went to dinner and left the kids all at home with pizza. It is really the best way to do it. I love that we both have kids old enough to babysit. After that I had a super fun girl's night with Brenda and Aria and Brenda's friends Carrie, Becky and Jamie. They are great--Love hanging out with them!
Wednesday and Thursday night we stayed with Carrie. She is best friends with Brenda, so I have gotten to know her pretty well in the past few years. She is so nice and welcoming. We all wanted to stay at the same house, so the kids could be together as much as possible. It was super fun! On Thursday we took the kids to How to Train a Dragon. I thought it was so cute. Eric's cousin Penney came with her kids and so did Becky and her kids.




Thursday we had a birthday party for Carrie's dog Bruno. My kids loved it. We had cupcakes and sang. Olivia wanted to play dog games, but we ran out of time. Carrie's husband Ty thought the idea of a dog birthday was crazy, so he left before we sang happy birthday. We laughed a lot!!!

Wednesday I took the kids over to Penney's for haircuts. Jackson really wanted his hair highlighted and cut, so he could look like David Beckham. He now spends time everyday doing his hair. It is pretty funny, because he has never cared much before. He and Hayden were pretty funny with Carrie's daughter Maddie. They were both flirting a lot and she was back. I don't know if they knew they were flirting, but they were pretty funny!
Carter didn't want to smile for my picture. I guess he thought if he couldn't see me, that I couldn't take a picture of him.

Thursday night, Mark and Austin got into SLC to go to conference. My parents were there, too, so we all met at Tucanos for dinner. My kids had never been to a Brizilian BBQ before, and they thought it was the greatest thing ever. Tucanos is Eric's favorite, so it was a good night! We had to leave early Friday morning to get back for Eric's tennis match and the first Shock game of the season.

2 comments:

Tolman Family said...

We had so much fun with you guys! I'm happy that our families were able to get to know each other more. (It's the second step to becoming BFF's, right. I think when we purchase our matching shirts it will be official!) :) Can't wait to see ya'll in Utah this summer! Let me know how we can help you out with the move and all.

Amy C said...

What a great week! I know you were lovin it!!