Friday, August 22, 2008

The Enloe Triathalon

Last month we had the annual Enloe triathalon. You might be thinking, "wow, that is pretty cool that they do a triathalon every year. What great athletes!" Unfortunately, our triathalons require no training and not a lot of calories are burned while doing them. This is what they consist of:

1. Wakeboarding/other water sports in the morning

2. Golfing for the boys and massages or pedicures for the girls

3. Shock football game at night

This year we had a large turnout. Eric's brothers Corey and Parker and their families came and also his cousin Ryan and his family. Later Eric's parents and his Aunt Robyn and Uncle Kevin came. Most people came the Wednesday before, so we played for several days. Our triathalon was more spread out and took place over a few days. Most of the time, our triathalons are all on one day. This time it was a little more relaxing. Maybe the boys still wanted a true Enloe triathalon, because the next weekend Eric's brothers came back and did it all on Saturday.
I was smart enough to arrange babysitters a lot while everyone was here. They even stayed out at the lake with us so that we could go out as couples without the 12 kids. We had such a great time together! I was a little nervous about having that many people stay with me at once and organizing what to do with everyone. I shouldn't have been worried, because everything went really smoothly. We hardly heard from the kids, because they were so happy playing with their cousins.
This is me with my sister in law, Brenda and cousin Nichole.
Here is a view from the top of the stairs at the lake cabin. When we weren't out on the boat the kids were so happy to be in the canoe or swimming around the dock or playing on the beach.
Me and Nichole at the Shock game.
Eric sat on the front row with his brothers and cousin Ryan most of the time. The rest of us were up in the owners box. It was a crazy mad house up there, but the kids had a great time playing their own game of football when they weren't watching the game. We left Carter, Jorie and Kate home with the babysitter. That made things a lot more enjoyable. Carter barely ever goes to any games, because he is such a monkey. He climbs up on the rail, and I'm sure he is going to fall over into the crowd in front of us.

Eric's cousin Ryan, his dad and nephew Leif, Parker, Corey, Eric and his uncle Kevin
Eric's mom, Nichole, me, Brenda, Aria and aunt Robyn
The crazy crew of kids had the best time playing down on the field after the game. Rhys, Malik, Tyler, Jackson and Leif, Hayden, Olivia, Camden and Owen
Olivia is here showing us her dance moves. She loves the dancers. She posed with her friend Ella (the main shock owner Brady Nelson's daughter) and a few of the dancers below.


6 comments:

The Pyper Fam said...

Oh my gosh, you Enloes have the kind of triathalons that I can enjoy! :) You always have so much fun together, I love it! What a cute family Eric has.

Nichole Lowe said...

Thanks again for letting join the party. We enjoyed the triathlon and can't wait to do it again. If we are invited:). Can't wait till next weekend? I am on the countdown. See you then.

Amy C said...

Okay seriously, can I be an Enloe?? You guys are so much fun. If you let me (and my family) be Enloe's then I'll get over my Spokane thing...I think.

.........Still ME! said...

I just relived one of my most favorite weeks this whole summer as I read about how much fun we had! I really love my sister-in-laws/ brother-in-laws, nieces/ nephews (this includes the Lowe's, I hope they are OK with that) I am so lucky to have in-laws I love to be with so much....... Ready to get down in Vegas Shar?!?! I think Hillary is in for a shock...

Amy said...

I think I could earn a medal in the Enloe triathalon event of pedicure or massage!

You guys have so much...I want a boring post next just to prove you are real...tell us all about dirty diapers, grocery shopping, dusting, scrubbing toilets.

Amy said...

OK...meant to type "have so much fun"

People, I never claimed to have any keyboarding skills! It's all chicken peck here.