Friday, August 22, 2008

A Little August Overview

Ok. So I have never been a really regular blogger, but this summer I have been terrible. I seem to try to catch up on everything all at once instead of doing a bit every few days. Oh well, at least I'm doing it. My posts are pretty boring, though. Most of them consist of shock games, lake and swimming. I guess that is pretty much our summer (or at least what I take pictures of.) The picture above is from last Saturday's shock game. We went down to the side of the field right before the game was over to accept the trophy for the conference championship. That means that we are going to the arena cup this next monday. We have had home field advantage throughout the playoffs, so it has been great to have home games every weekend. Two years ago when we went to the arena cup we got to go to Puerto Rico. This is the first year that the team with the best record gets to have it at their arena. It will be fun to have it here and have a sold out crowd, but it was really fun taking a trip last time. Hopefully my next post will have pictures of us after we win the cup!



These are my friends Danna and Meaghann. Danna's husband is the main owner of the team and Meaghann's is the general manager. It has been way fun to do all the shock stuff with them these past 3 years. Aren't we quite the brown haired beauties in this picture?
Jackson's friend Nate came with us last week.
My brother Brian became an owner last year. He was a crazy fan and thought he might as well be an owner.

These pictures were taken at my friend Emily Christensen's house. Olivia is here with her friends Ella and Emma.
Carter is seriously such a fish. I think next summer he will be swimming without a life jacket. He jumps right in by himself all the time and swims around with his face in the water to see the bottom. None of my other kids liked water so much at his age. He swallows a ton, coughs and goes back for more. He is totally obsessed with shoes right now. He brings shoes to me all the time to help him put on or my shoes when he wants me to put on shoes. When I try to take his shoes off he screams at the top of his lungs, "shoes! shoes! shoes!" and then throws a temper tantrum. He is so strong willed! Gorgeous, I know! As obsessed with shoes as Carter is, Olivia is probably even more obsessed with goggles. These stupid cheap goggles she loves. They are constantly fogged up and filling with water. I finally convinced her to get a new pair last week. She often takes everyone's goggles out of their swim bags and carries them around. She then over and over says, "aren't you so glad that 3 of your kids have goggles?" or "why do 3 of your kids have goggles?" After a while I just say, "no, I don't really care!" She also picks up on everything people say. Last Sunday we were coming home from dinner at my moms and she says, "Oh! My nuts really hurt!" We couldn't help but laugh, and Hayden informed her that she didn't have nuts. She then replied that she ate some nuts, they were in her stomach, and her stomach hurt. I guess she had overheard my nephew complaining after my neice had kicked him in that area. I'm glad she didn't really know what he was referring to. Later Olivia told me, "My head freakin' hurts!" I told her she shouldn't talk that way, but I'm sure she heard it from me.


Ok, gross story. In this picture Carter is showing part of a chewed up hamburger. Even grosser is that he started chewing it at least 30 minutes earlier when we were eating at the marina. He kept on shoving more food in his mouth and wouldn't swallow it. He kept showing us, and I was gagging. Finally-- about 45 minutes after he started chewing-- he swallowed.


Carter fell asleep on the boat, and I brought him upstairs to my bed. He was so out of it that I changed him into his clothes to go home and he stayed asleep. His eyes look a little open in this picture, but he is asleep. I even got him in his carseat and he slept on the way home. I only wish that I could sleep that well.

This is typical smiley, cute Hayden. You might think that is Eric behind him, but Eric only has about 13 chest hairs. That is our friend Jeff.
We often go up the river to some chain lakes to get really smooth water for wakeboarding. The edges of these small lakes can have a lot of seaweed. I guess we were really drifting after Jackson got done wakesurfing. I turned around to see Jackson like this. I was totally grossed out. Boys are so different than girls. I would not even want to touch seaweed, and he was piling everything he could onto the board.

This was my favorite spot to read Breaking Dawn. I finished it that day at the lake. It was the best sitting in a lounge chair relaxing by the water.



Carter, Hayden and Olivia
This picture is a yard update. The concrete guy was putting in the slab for our sport court. Someday we will have a backyard to play in. A few people asked if the circle to the left was for a pool. That would not be a very fun pool. It is for our inground trampoline.






9 comments:

.........Still ME! said...

OK, I guess what really stuck out in your overview was the hamburger, I may have actually thrown up a bit in my mouth! SICK Carter! Although, everything else looks way fun! Go Shock!

Amy C said...

Oh my, where do I start??! You three are beautiful brown-haired beauties! Olivia, absolutely nuts - pun intended. Carter, the cutest face to go with the grossest story! Love you guys.

Amy C said...

PS: Gabby loved the Olivia story!

Jules said...

WOW! Looks like a ton of fun! You guys just go go go! Shar, you look so great! Beautiful as ever!

Bill said he knows your friend that he works with- he wanted to know how you knew him?!?

Randi Brunt's husband George is my second cousin. We were all up in Island Park this summer and she took our pics, she's great. How do you know her?

School starts tomorrow- a big 'ol HALLELUJAH from me!! :) 3 gone, 2 at home... now what to do with those 2....... hmmmm?! ideas?

Tolman Family said...

You guys are always having way too much fun....jealous. If you ever have a couple of extra seats, or tickets....TOLMAN' S ARE IN!!!!! Owen has the same life jacket as Carter....Shar we have so much in common! Honestly gross shot of Carters chewed up hambuger! Have a great day!

Cindy said...

Looks like your summer has been tons of fun. Sorry to hear that Shock lost last night, what a bummer, and so close. The picture they have in the paper of all the fans with a sad face is priceless. What a bummer, but there is always next year. I guess it's time to get thinking about school and schedules again YUCK!!

Amy said...

My, what a glamour girl you are! Yes, you 3 are the brown haired beauties. And, I love your hair so long.

Love all the pics & stories...so fun to see you guys and live vicariously. We can pretend a few thousand miles don't stand between us!

Katie Fox said...

Carter is so cute and is getting so big, it looks like you had a lot of fun this summer. I added you to my blog list if that ok, it is fun seeing pictures of your family.
Katie

Melanie said...

you guys have had the funnest summer! whenever i see how fun and cute your family is it just always makes me wish you guys lived closer!