Tuesday, April 8, 2008

An Afternoon at Our House

Okay bloggers....... I started a blog 2 days ago and I am already getting complaints that I need to keep up on my blog. This blogging stuff is pretty intense. I started looking at friends blogs and an hour later I decided I better be a mom. This is what happened at our house while I was on the computer. Carter tried to help me.....
Then he got really mad when I was ignoring him . I was a little too into everyone's blogs and not into taking care of Carter. Then the boys got home from school and I gave them each a 1/2 of a donut left over from the morning. Olivia had a huge tantrum, because she didn't get any of their donut--- even though she had just had more than them right before they got home. I put her in time out in her room. I started looking at everyone's blogs again. Time passed and I realized I hadn't heard Olivia in a while and had forgot to get her out of timeout. I went upstairs to check on her. She was fast asleep in her bed. I am such a great mother!!
My first picture woke her up and she is now asking me what I am doing. I go back downstairs and ask Jackson why he is not doing his homework.
"I can't concentrate on my homework, because my tooth is about to fall out. It hurts too bad."
"I also can't eat dinner. I have to just eat my left over blizzard. Dinner would hurt my tooth too much!" (How do you flip pictures right side up by the way?)
This picture was actually taken a few weeks ago while I was trying to do laundry, but it just confirms what a great mom I am!!!

This is our new house. Because of our very long winter we still don't have our grass in yet. Our pillars haven't been painted yet and our garage door panel needs to be repainted. For sure a work in progress. This is a view of our back yard. It is also just a bunch of dirt. Thank goodness we have the park behind our yard for the kids to play in.

This is the kids with their cousins Malik and Rhys at the children's museum in SLC over spring break.

The kids love aunt Hillary's dog Toby. Carter especially loves to play in Toby's kennel.
Carter and Olivia used their Cousin Camden and Owen's Easter baskets as hats during our visit.










8 comments:

Heather's Blog said...

Now that's what I call blogging!!! I love all of your pictures especially the one of Jackson pushing his tooth out. So Jackson. :)

danielle bailey said...

You must have been on the computer for a couple hours with that entry. your family looks about as crazy as ours and so cute. I have to admit I might have been more interested in looking at your new house, it looks beautiful, and Olivia's room looks like a shot from a catalog. We were in Utah for spring break also, but no snow thank goodness on Easter Sunday. Don't feel bad about the mom thing, we all feel that way. I'm just glad you don't lie about it and say everything your kids do is so "adorable" and "every moment is precious". It's good to catch up. Jon wants to know if Eric is still in the family, since there are no pictures of him.

Amy C said...

Okay Shar, that was SO funny! Thanks for sharing. A couple weeks ago I was on my computer (at goodreads.com) and while I was doing that Kat carried a wooden kid chair all the way downstairs, opened the back door, set the chair down in the garage, used it as a stool and opened the garage door. I found her on our swings in the back yard. Good Mommy.

Amy said...

It does get to be kind of an addiciton...sorry!

Love the house & pics of the kids. Your little Carter is SO scrumpciously cute...he is just so like Adam with his little antics! I guess great 18 month old minds think alike!

P.S. I always flip my photos before I upload.

Honor is in the background yelling at me to get off the computer & come help her...off I go!

Melanie said...

trust me, i know what you are talking about! i'm looking at your blog right now and drew is rolling around on the floor looking for his bottle and jackson is doing something to my cell phone. hopefully NOT downloading more games! your kids are TOO cute! olivia is a doll. keep it up, it looks great! love the house!

Danna said...

I know what you mean about getting sucked into the world of blogging and letting your kids run wild. I have days like that too. I started to tell myself I can only blog when they are napping or else I pay for it later! Don't feel pressure to update. Just have fun. :) Love all your cute pictures!

The Pyper Fam said...

Hey Shar! I just found your blog! blogging is addictive! You will have to check ours out:
www.thepyperfamily.blogspot.com
Its fun though, and it is a good way to not feel guilty if you don't scrapbook or keep a journal! :) Thats what I tell myself anyway! I've always wondered what a day in the Enloe household was like! I loved it! :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are addicted, not I get to feel like I know what you are doing all the time! We miss you all! You are brave to share all your fine parenting moments with us all, those are the times I try to forget quickly!!