Monday, April 21, 2008

Haircuts!

I finally got the kids into get their hair cut. These pictures were taken just before bedtime, so they are not looking their best. Hayden has been begging to get his hair cut for a few weeks and Jackson has been begging not to ever get his hair cut. We went to great clips right before Hayden's baseball picture, so he was very excited. He wanted the lady to spike it up for him. I ruined his excitement when I reminded him that he was supposed to wear his baseball hat in the picture. I realized that Jackson and I made a bit of a scene as we were arguing after he was done with his haircut. He claimed it was the worst haircut ever. I told him the lady would fix it, but he claimed she would just make it worse. It is kind of a weird length. It would look better shorter (in my opinion) but he for sure won't go for that. All of his summer blond was finally cut off, so he's ready for it to get bleached out again. The lady who cut Olivia's hair couldn't get a word in. Olivia would not stop talking. She is hilarious. Our primary president called last week to ask the kids questions to do spotlights. She could not wait her turn when Hayden was talking. When she finally got on the phone, she wanted to tell the primary president everything--but not always what she asked her. When she was asked where she was born, she said Heaven. Then when asked what her favorite scripture story was, she told her she wanted to talk about something else. I guess you had to be there for the full effect. What are we going to do with our diva. She once told me, "Mom, if you could stop talking to me, that would be great!" She obviously did not like what I was telling her.






Jackson made a tower out of Carter's blocks. He wanted me to take a picture of it. While I was getting the camera I noticed Jackson practicing his faces in the mirror. What do you think? He is so crazy. He keeps things lively and fun around the house.

6 comments:

.........Still ME! said...

Whoa!!! Hayden looks so different! Jackson's hair looks much better! They are such cute kids, I am so glad there mom found time to take care of her children. HaHa I love you!

Amy said...

They are all gorgeous! And, tell jackson I think his hair looks great.

Seeing this post only reminded me that I have got to get Cody's hair cut...I keep putting other things first. Ugh! At this point, I might just pull him out of school & do it...after school, the wait is too long at most places.

Love seeing & hearing about your family!

I miss you.

Heather's Blog said...

everyone's hair looks great. i was getting worried about jackson's hair and that you were going to grow it out or something. :) i'm with ya on the summer being here so everyone can get that bleached blond look back. Yes...summer...i can't wait.

Melanie said...

jackson makes me laugh so much!! tell him i don't think that his haircut is anywhere near the worst haircut ever. (to use his words) olivia sounds like a hoot! we need you guys to come visit soon!

The Pyper Fam said...

Hopefully Carter turns out pretty mellow to balance your kids out! :)But you do have to love them! They are hilarious! After easter we had so much candy left over from our easter baskets and Ben said,"well, we better invite the Enloes over so they can finish this off" :) And I told Ben that I felt bad for that couple on our compter and I hoped that they didn't get online and feel bad for me making fun of their wedding picture. He said, "Taraka, people like that don't get on the internet" Anyway, we love your kiddos!

Meghann said...

Shar- that is such a beautiful family picture! Olivia cracks me up. She is such a riot!