Monday, April 14, 2008

From Blizzard to Heat Wave

We were so ready for a really warm weekend after our unseasonal snow this spring. It was mid-high 70's (not really a heatwave but much better than the past month) on Saturday and Sunday. It was nice to get a little burnt at our 3 soccer and 1 baseball games on Saturday. Besides the fact that we were rushing from one game to the next, it was a great day. It was cute little Hayden's very first baseball game, and he was so excited until he came downstairs for breakfast Saturday morning. His little leauge requires the boys to wear a cup. The poor 7 year olds. I had Hayden's in a pile with his clothes. He asked me what it was. I told him and he replied firmly that he was not wearing one of those. I convinced him, and then the whole game he walked kind of funny and looked like he was adjusting himself. At the end of the game he ran to the port-a-potty. I guess he couldn't get it off in time and wet his pants a bit. He was so upset and I felt so bad for him. He says he is not playing anymore if he has to wear one of those things.

As we were leaving Hayden's soccer game and heading to Jackson's first game he asked me,"So are you ready to see a real game now mom? A real game with outrageous speed and outrageous skill and outrageous moves?" We are trying to teach him a little bit of humility, but evidently it is not working. He once told me that a certain girl liked him. He then preceded to tell me that it was probably his hair or his abs that made her like him. I had to really laugh. I forgot to take my camera to the Saturday games, so here are some pictures of Sunday afternoon. We went to the park behind the house for a game of catch with dad. Within minutes 4 neighbor boys had joined to tackle Eric. It is Hayden's favorite thing to do--playing with dad.
Olivia enjoyed it too. I had to keep reminding her to pull up her pants. That girl has no bum and I can't find pants that stay on her.
(A little out of order) Carter woke up with his eyes gooed shut. He couldn't even open them. I was surprised how happy he was, though. He was singing and laughing. I think I would be screaming if I couldn't physically open my eyes. It took me a long time to get them cleaned out and opened.
Jackson wanted to take a picture of me to put on the blog. Lovely, I know. I was just sustained yesterday as our new ward's enrichment leader. I really don't know what they were thinking. I blurted out to the bishop when he asked me,"Are you serious?" I am going to need to pray a lot!!!
Jackson is always on his bike riding around the park or the neighborhood with the neighbor boys.
If Carter sees one of the kid's helmets, he freaks out until he can get it on his head. It makes him so happy no matter where he is. It was cute to see Carter in this outfit, becasue it was Jackson's back when we lived in Texas and then Hayden's. He is the only one who kept his Sunday clothes on all day.
Whenever I push Olivia on the swing she tells me she wants it like daddy does it. I evidently can't push her just right.
Look..... there is a picture of Eric. Jon Bailey wondered if Eric was still in the family, since he was not represented in the blog. I have since put the family picture at the top.

8 comments:

Mauressa said...

Hey Shar! The blog looks wonderful! You take great pictures! Hey, congratulations on your new calling. You will be great. Maybe if we have a multi-stake fast we can get that wonderful weather to come back!

Amy C said...

Luved it! I have been starved for Enloe news! I can't wait to see a picture of sweet Hayden in his baseball uniform. And Jackson's confidence is inpiring - why be so critcal of ourselves??

Melanie said...

i love your pictures! jackson cracks me up, i love how everything is 'outrageous'!

Amy said...

Look at you, blogging girl! That was a lot of photos to upload...I'm impressed...I just did a bunch yesterday & just about went crazy waiting on it.

It is so crazy to see Eric finally looking a little older than a teenager! What a great family you have. As I was driving Honor to preschool and she was telling me stories, I couldn't help but think how fun it would be to live near you...all our kids match up in ages/gender. They would all be great friends!

.........Still ME! said...

Shar, you will be so great in enrichment!! You are so talented even though you don't think you are!

NicoleD said...

Hey Shar! Welcome to the blogging world! I can't believe how much your kiddos have grown in just the few short months since I've seen them! Thanks for taking Liz for the day last week. She absolutely loved it! You're such a GREAT friend....thanks for everything!

Nances said...

Hello! I am so glad that you started a blog. I've been wondering what you guys have been up to. Your family is gorgeous--I love your family picture. It was fun to get caught up on your life. Your new house looks amazing! It'll be fun to stay in touch.
Krista

Mauressa said...

The reason Mauressa likes me is either my hair or my abs. That's the truth. She's attracted to men with thinning hair and soft abs.