Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jackson's 10th Birthday





























A couple of weeks ago when Jackson turned 10, I had a crazy reality check. I HAVE BEEN A MOTHER FOR A DECADE!!!!! How is that even possible? The next thought came into my mind that I am really old. I still catch myself looking at the cute young married girls in my ward, that have husbands in law school, and thinking that they are my age. It is sad when I realize that I have 4 kids, and I'm not young anymore. Time goes by way too fast. Jackson is already more than half way through his time at home with us. I want him to be Carter's age again and do it all over again. He told me this morning that he just realized that in the "olden days" that there was color. He said he just always imagined it in black and white. I had to chuckle. I had parent teacher conferences for the boys on Friday. I love going to parent teacher conferences. I get to sit and smile and nod while their teachers tell me how great my boys are. It makes me so happy! It is really great to be a mother.

Tonight Mark and Heather's family will be here and then Eric's family will be here on Wednesday. Next time I blog I will have so many great things to share from our week of fun, Thanksgiving and Hayden's baptism. I figured I better post Jackson's birthday party before it got lost in the shuffle. He wasn't even supposed to have a party this year. I told him he could have 1 or 2 friends spend the night. He couldn't decide on 2 friends. Then we thought of having flag football at the shock practice center since that would be free and he is obsessed with football. I put on the invitations-- no gifts, but he got so many gift cards that it was the "greatest day of his life" going to spend them. He just kept telling more and more little boys about the party. There ended up being 35 boys there. Eric got 3 Shock players to come and run a mini-camp and then coach the teams. It was every little boys dream come true. I don't know if we could ever throw a party for the boys that was better!



6 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

Both of your boys birthdays have looked awesome. I can't believe Jackson is 10 either. It just seems like yesterday he was Kate's age. Then again I can't believe Tyler is 8 and baptized. Good luck with this weekend. Hope you all have fun.

The Pyper Fam said...

First of all, I can't believe Jackson is 10!! and second of all, that IS like the ultimate boys birthday party! It will be hard to match that in years to come! :) Jackson is such a poser for the camera! I love it. :)

Nichole Lowe said...

I know what you mean about Thanksgiving. I was talking to Aria yesterday and she was talking about leaving and it made me sad that I can't be there to party with you all. Oh well I know you will still have fun.:) I will probably call to give you all my review of Twilight since I am the only woman on this planet that has not seen it yet.

Cindy said...

Wow, Sharlene you have a boy that's 10 years old. You sure are old : ) You would not even guess you had 4 children and a son that's a decade old. You look awesome and your just hitting the prime of your life. Jackson's party looks like tons of fun. Have a happy Thanksgiving. I can't believe Hayden is getting baptized. I taught him in primary when he was 5 going on 6. It's seems like just yesterday and I agree with their teachers you have great boys. Hayden was always an awesome primary student : )

Melanie said...

I had the same thought when Justin turned 10. Not even turning 30 made me feel old, but that did! Jackson sure is a cute fun kid, I'm glad he got an awesome bday! miss you!

Steph said...

Shar...you're not old! And, one of those young married girls in your ward (me) looks up to you and can't wait to be in her 30's and looking just as good as you do!

Send me your blogger email and I'll add you to our blog.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving :)

-Steph